Sateliot is a Barcelona-based Startup in the New Space sector, becoming the first satellite telecommunications operator that will provide global and continuous connectivity to all the elements that will make up the massive Internet of Things (IoT) universe under the 5G protocol.
Being in Sateliot means that you will be part of one the fastest-growing start-ups in Spain with global reach along getting into the challenging world of New Space & Telecommunication. Our culture is based on embracing openness and a free exchange of ideas.
We provide work schedule flexibility, so that you can reconcile your personal and professional life. Expect some coaching and learning inside a dynamic team, which is currently building up, you will work side to side with senior experienced people.
Check out our latest open posiontions, send us your updated CV, let's embark on a new journey together!
Embedded Hardware Engineer in Barcelona
Your mission will be to design and develop the required hardware and prototypes needed according to the company’s purpose. Your main functions will be:
• Selection of components, designing PCBs, designing and performing hardware tests, selection of components, designing PCBs making custom testing tools, proposing the best compatible Hardware SDRs, designing other related hardware needed like test benches and product casing, and writing production software.
• Review and understand technical and product specifications and industry standards regarding technical requirements (materials, qualification, and performance requirements) of the product.
• Development of security requirements and design validation methodologies (DVM).
• Give support to the manufacturing of designs through assembly and purchasing groups.
• Optimization of product performance requirements, cost, and reliability.
• Maintain design documentation as it relates to CMMI, ISO, IRIS, IEEE, EN and Faiveley WPT best practices and mandatory requirements.
• Development of software security specifications and static and dynamic software tools as needed.
• Automotive Functional Safety requirements
• FPGA development tools from Altera & Xilinx
• ARM, ATEX & EX standards
• Proven experience in DIY and with Analog and digital circuit design
• Assembly & C languages and reading datasheets and Schematics & Circuit design.
• Microcontroller architectures
• Circuit debugging
• PCB designing
• Electrical engineering
• JTAG for production and testing (Effective use of tools like Multimeters, Spectroscopes, Oscilloscopes and Soldering)
If you have a BSc degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or similar, and minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a similar role and industry, then this is your opportunity! Master degrees and Ph.D/Doctorates are a huge plus.
We expect you to have knowledge of IoT LPWAN integration, experience and good comprehension of Embedded Hardware Architectures and periphery (SPI, IIC, Displays, Memory. With good understanding of data acquisition systems and communication protocols (CAN, HART, UART, Fieldbus suite), as well as good problem-solving skills.
We are looking for a great communicator able to interact with different teams (Product, technical…), who is proactive and independent, knows how to manage time and pays attention to details. A Proficiency English level is a must! Excellent analytical and organizational skills are required, as well as resolutive skills to develop solutions for technical issues.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Being in Sateliot means that you will be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Spain with global reach along with getting into the challenging world of New Space & Telecommunication. Our culture is based on embracing openness and a free exchange of ideas.
We offer a permanent contract with remuneration accordingly to the candidate profile, with a flexible compensation package. Also, we provide work schedule flexibility, so that you can reconcile your personal life with the professional one. Coaching and learning inside a dynamic team, which is currently building up, you will work side to side with senior experienced people.
Regulatory Affairs Junior in Barcelona (m/f)
Your mission will be assisting with Sateliot's expansion worldwide, focusing on the company set up as well as getting the required licenses to provide its services. You will be dealing with legal professionals and regulatory administrations to ensure compliance with regulations and will contribute in the advocacy to represent Sateliot's interests.
Your main functions will be to assist in:
• Understanding market access requirements and timelines at a global level
• The incorporation of Sateliot's entities worldwide.
• Preparing and obtaining license and spectrum authorizations.
• Ensuring compliance with national policies and market access.
• Interacting with industrial partners, legal professionals, and regulators to achieve Sateliot's objectives.
• Any other legal and regulatory matters (IP, Insurance, …)
If you have a BSc in Law and interest in space policy, space law, satellite operations and space/telecommunications industry, this position might be perfect for you! Additional education/experience related to radio-frequency attribution and familiarity with ITU processes and Spectrum Management are a big plus.
We are looking for someone who has great time-management skills, ability to follow processes, and strong negotiation & communication skills (written and verbal). Being fluent in English is required. Any additional language is always a plus, as we are an international company dealing with international professionals on a daily basis.
It's also important that you are a great team-player & a solution-oriented professional.
• Bachelor's degree in law or telecommunications engineering
• Education/Experience on satellite and space related topics
• Fluent level of English
• Bonus skills and experience
• Working with regulatory administrations
• Successfully managing multiple projects
• Understanding of spectrum use and policies
• Knowledge of the satellite industry
RF and Embedded Systems Engineer
We are looking for a RF and Embedded Systems Engineer in order to build and maintain the Software Defined Radio subsystem of its 5G IoT satellite constellation.
Your will be to ensure the success of the design and implementation of the RF systems, including:
• Simulate and Model the RF hardware for communication systems
• Antennas, embedded system on chip and RF chain
• Define hardware architecture and specifications for the RF system blocks, interfaces, MMIC’s
• End-to-end design validation and testing of RF product performance
• Lead and conduct troubleshooting or root cause hardware performance challenges
• BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering, and we highly value Master degrees and PhD/Doctorate.
• Knowledgeable in RF design with technical understanding of radio technologies: cellular connectivity, GPS
• Familiarity with RF schematic and PCB layout best practices and guidelines.
• Good problem solving skills and a flair for understanding the physics of radiated noise coupling mechanisms
• Hands on knowledge of general purpose RF test equipment
• Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a similar role in the space industry
• Technical expertise within a service and technical environment with a demanding, fast-paced and under pressure environment
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership capabilities and enthusiastic team player.
• Proactive, independent, adaptability and team-working skills
• Time management and attention to details
• Proficiency English level
Head of Ground Segment in Barcelona
Your mission will be ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment of Sateliot’s constellation in Spain, in accordance with its strategic objectives. That will include the correct identification, deployment, operation and maintenance of the ground segment, as well as coordination of all the technical requirements needed.
Your main functions as Head of the Ground Segment Department will be:
• Preparation and coordination of the technical requirements for the ground segment systems of Sateliot.
• Perform technical & programming control, being in charge of monitoring, implementation and testing of new ground control segment systems, as well as their alteration and upgrading, including both hardware and software. In this sense, you will be responsible for taking the necessary actions for the correct development of the ground segment systems for 3rd parties, in a broad scope of action.
• Setting up the ground segment engineering associated with satellite requirements along with the network related to broadband services.
• Developing and operating the marketing model for the infrastructure, in coordination with the Marketing and Strategic departments.
If you have a BSc in Telecommunications Engineering (or similar) and demonstrated experience in Designing & Implementation of Ground Segment and in a similar job with PM (Project Management) or operation of ground segments of space systems, this position might be perfect for you! MSc / PhD / additional education / programs related to this field are a big plus.
We also expect you to have some experience in the process of industrial contracts (preparation, negotiation, execution), and deep technical knowledge of Space Ground Systems. A proficiency level in English is also needed!
We need an analytical and quick-learner engineer that is familiar with ground segment implementation and operation, who has great time-management skills, ability to follow processes, and strong negotiation & communication skills (written and verbal). It’s also important that you are a great team-player & a solution-oriented professional.
Network Senior Engineer in Barcelona (m/f)
Your mission will be designing and implementing new network solutions on Sateliot infrastructures, as well as improving the efficiency of current networks.
Your main functions will be:
• Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment. That will include routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
• Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation.
• Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security. In this sense, you will be also in charge of maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting. Also, routing configuration between mobile operators!
• Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases & arranging scheduled upgrades.
• Reporting network status to key stakeholders & investigating faults in the network.
• Roaming & Roaming hub infrastructure configuration | IPX & Autonomous System
If you have a BSc in Computer Science / Computer Software / Computer Systems Engineering (or similar) and demonstrated experience in Network Design & Implementation and in a similar job with wide area networks infrastructures, this position might be perfect for you!
We highly value an expert cisco certification (DevNet, Service Provider, Data Center, Security), as well as deep experience in MPLS/VPLS, VPN technologies, BGP, RIPE and IP pool management, DNS and DHCP for wide area networks.
We need an analytical and quick-learner engineer that is familiar with AWS environment for cloud network devices implementation and operations, who has great time-management skills, ability to follow processes, and strong documentation & communication skills (written and verbal). It’s also important that you have commercial & business awareness.